Friday Night Party
~ Random People / Events Pt. 1
Random People / Events Pt. 2
~ Arthur as Nun
Sals lap dance
~ Bradys Room / Hallway Stuff
~ The Esquire Dynamic Tension
Fetishes and Random People
Trivia, Raffle, Boss, etc.
The notoriously legendary Costume Contest
Saturday Pre Shows
Midnight Madness - Chicago, IL
Dynamic Tension - Denver, CO
Pink Invaders - Merrillville, IN
Barely Legal - San Francisco, CA
Midnight Insanity - Long Beach, CA
~ Shock Treatment (The
National Official Fan Club Cast) (Incl. Costume contest)
~ National Ensemble Rocky Horror
cast at The Mayan
Other People's Pages
Crazed Imaginations Convention Planner
ANY suggestions or comments
about what you see here?
Impressions of a Unconventional Convention
Im going to avoid doing an actual con "report". Compared to many, I
actually had an uneventful con as far as problems and / or incidents went. My High and Low
points summarizes it well enough. I dont need or bore you with the details or put
into any kind of timeline what happened. Overall, I had a very good time and met a lot of
great people. Ill definitely do it again. See you in Tucson (but not in London
High Points of the Con
- Always a high point and reason to go to a convention - Meeting dozens of people Ive heard of, or e-mailed for years and having
most of them at least know me by name. It's even cooler to have people come up to me
that I didnt know to introduce themselves to me (*hint, hint*).
- John from the Pink Invaders finding out he lost out on THREE raffle prizes even though
he was in the room, tickets in hand the whole time. Not a high point for John Im
sure, but the moment with Sal was priceless.
- The show at the Mayan on Saturday night.
- Cosmo and Nathan you guys are a walking routine!
- The AP during the "Hong Kong Cinema" trailers at the Mayan.
- Never a shortage of women running around in their underwear, or really cool boots, or
- Rocky people. The greatest. The reason I will come back to cons.
- The gang from Cleveland. Just great to talk to.
- Meeting Brady for the first time in a liquor store. It was just so classically
appropriate. How often do you meet a person with the nickname "More Drunk" in a
liquor store? (Come to think of it, more often than a person who is nicknamed
"Sparky", I guess
- The awesome costume and thrift shops on Broadway.
- Watching everyone hanging out on Sunday after it was "over."
Low Points of the Con
- Dealing with the rental car place. The hotel and airline gave me no problems, so Dollar
figured they would make up for it by doing everything but bend me over the counter.
- Notably absent people such as Bill, Gene, Bruce, and Quad (I REALLY wanted to see her
and Nathan wrestle).
- The sound (sorry, but Im a HUGE sound person). If a wireless mike is giving you
a problem SHUT THE BASE OFF not the hand unit. Id rather pull all of my pubic
hair out with a tweezers that to listen to a wireless mike go nuts again. And ALWAYS have
a backup hardwired mike ready to go. The music should have been ran into the system that
did the sound for the ST video. At least you kept the feedback very well under control,
which is a plus.
- The costume contest. Im not bitching about the winners or losers but the fact
that there were so few participants.
- Seeing everyone else deal with the hotel.
- Smoking in the Elevators. Im not one of those militant anti smokers
(didnt mind it in the rooms, the bar, or the show room it was my choice to be
there), but cmon people have SOME FUCKIN COURTESY for those of us that
dont smoke and dont do it where youre not supposed to & in a space
the size of a closet. I dont fart in your face, dont blow smoke in mine
- The slow ass elevators in general.
- The agonizingly long waits between sets for no apparent reason. Would have been nice
to stick to some set times. If we say 10 minutes until the next segment, itd be nice
to not have to wait for 25. I dont care about the length because I can mingle, just
jeez TELL ME!
The Main Denver Convention Page
To The Rocky Horror Conventions
The Ultimate Rocky Horror Links page
To The Midnight Madness
The BiG O CoN
Philly 2002 Con
Rocky Horror Vacations
Frankie Goes to Hollywood
25th Anny Con
Bay Area 2000
East Coast 2000
El Fishnet Fiesta
Rocky Rocks the Rockies
New York 1998
the rocky horror newsgroup
Discuss the conventions here.